No matter if you are a tourist or a Londoner, we all want to impress our friends with our endless knowledge and excellent sense of humour! Here are 5 fun facts about London for you to shine among your peers!
1. Underneath the Cleopatra's Needle on the Embankment, there's a time capsule from 1878 that's said to contain cigars, a razor, a portrait of Queen Victoria, copies of 10 daily newspapers and pictures of 12 "English beauties of the day".
2. Among the many things Londoners have left on the Tube are a samurai sword, a stuffed puffer fish, a human skull and a coffin.
3. To pass the Knowledge, the insanely difficult London geography test required of black-cab drivers in the city, you must master 320 basic routes, all of the 25,000 streets that are scattered within those routes, and about 20,000 landmarks and places of interest within a six-mile radius of Charing Cross.
4. The Dome of the 02, the focus of the Millennium celebrations, is the largest structure of its kind in the world - big enough to house the Great Pyramid of Giza or the Statue of Liberty.
5. Can you imagine a soccer pitch in the centre of the capital right on the edge of the River Thames? No, me neither. But if the London Eye was unrolled, it would be more than 3.5 times the length of a soccer pitch. That's one big ball.
You're looking for an internship in London? Take a look at our offers!